Thursday, December 18, 2014
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Laura and Holly - Fort Mason, SF
Thursday, December 4, 2014
I Wanna Be Sedated by a Psycho Killer
I'm helping* the Berlin Ping Pong crew with their I Wanna Be Sedated by a Psycho Killer party at Rickshaw Stop this Saturday night.
Here are a number of reasons Allan is excited about the event:
- THE BAND… They’ve been practicing nonstop for the past couple months, essentially *becoming* Talking Heads.
- There’s gonna be a sort of loose “costume contest” (*with Mai Le from Fashionist as guest judge and party photographer, and prizes from Jameson) so be sure to dig up your best CBGB’s-era fashions.
- This band did a Talking Heads set last New Year’s Eve and it was awesome, but this is gonna be even better because they’ve added a couple new members for a fuller sound, AND it’s at Rickshaw Stop this time so the pro audio and lighting should really take the party to the next level.
- The first ping pong party I ever went to in SF (years before “Berlin-style ping pong” got started) was at Ping Pong Gallery (now called Romer/Young) in the Dogpatch, and it was very small and chill, a bucket of Trumer Pils in one corner and a DJ in the other, and he was spinning mostly Talking Heads and Ramones, and it ruled. So, full circle, a million years later.
- Talking Heads and Ramones are THE BEST BANDS.
Let’s party! RSVP and invite your friends and get advance tickets!
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Marissah - Valencia Street, SF
"I really get inspired by, first and foremost, comfort. And I really like masculine detailing. I like to mix-up feminine touches with large oversize, asexual cuts. It just adds a bit more interest. I like to wear flat textured pieces and like to be quite a bit more masculine."
A lovely way to put an outfit together that can easily go from day to evening. Sophistication in her black and white color scheme, her handbag and sandals.