I Wanna Be Sedated by a Psycho Killer
I'm helping* the Berlin Ping Pong crew with their I Wanna Be Sedated by a Psycho Killer party at Rickshaw Stop this Saturday night.
Here are a number of reasons Allan is excited about the event:
- THE BAND… They’ve been practicing nonstop for the past couple months, essentially *becoming* Talking Heads.
- There’s gonna be a sort of loose “costume contest” (*with Mai Le from Fashionist as guest judge and party photographer, and prizes from Jameson) so be sure to dig up your best CBGB’s-era fashions.
- This band did a Talking Heads set last New Year’s Eve and it was awesome, but this is gonna be even better because they’ve added a couple new members for a fuller sound, AND it’s at Rickshaw Stop this time so the pro audio and lighting should really take the party to the next level.
- The first ping pong party I ever went to in SF (years before “Berlin-style ping pong” got started) was at Ping Pong Gallery (now called Romer/Young) in the Dogpatch, and it was very small and chill, a bucket of Trumer Pils in one corner and a DJ in the other, and he was spinning mostly Talking Heads and Ramones, and it ruled. So, full circle, a million years later.
- Talking Heads and Ramones are THE BEST BANDS.
Let’s party! RSVP and invite your friends and get advance tickets!